Sunday, November 28, 2010

First Snow!!! (Ahem)

I've been gone for a while.  I know.  I didn't intend to be gone this long.  But there was Thanksgiving.  And a long weekend off work for my hubby.  We've had a great time these last few days, and tomorrow is going to be tough.  But we will survive.

What have we been doing you may ask?  Well.  Since we both come from very large families (7 kids in my family, 11 in hubby's) we had lots and lots of Thanksgiving fun with family.  Lots of people.  Lots of food.  Lots of good times.  There has been loads of craziness.  And some quiet times.  There has been lots of crocheting.  Lots of music.  A little dancing.  Insane amounts of cooking and eating, of course.  We spent some time catching up on some very neglected chores.  And we visited an old fashioned Christmas display and craft show at our lovely local Mill Creek Park.

And...  we had our first snow!!  Well, it was a dusting really.  The merest covering of snow possible on the ground.  But enough for Boy to be bundled and out playing in it before I was even out of bed (hubby got up with the kids that day).  All three of them were out before long.  Together, they defied all laws of snow and built this...


Have you ever seen such a cute and tiny snowman?!?!?!


As you can see, this one measures between 2 and 3 inches.  It has been carefully placed on a thin plate of ice to ensure that it lasts as long as snowmanly possible.  Now, if only I had enough time to crochet a wee hat and scarf, we'd be all set. 

Which reminds me.  I've found the best way to crochet now-a-days.  Don't laugh.  I know it's not cool at all.  But it's sooooooo helpful when you just can't seem to find enough  light to see by.


That's me there, crocheting by the light of my hubby's head lamp.  I love the way it lights up just where I need it.  I may have to sneak that into my project bag when he's not looking.  Or perhaps I'll just find one in my stocking on Christmas morning.  (A truly subtle hint there...)

I have lots and lots of things in mind for the near future.  A ridiculous amount of projects lined up - craft, crochet, and sewn.  I'm hoping to be able to get them all done and documented so I can post them here.  Don't hold your breath, though.  I'm not the best at record keeping.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I never knew snowmen could be cute! And that headlamp is an awesome idea. You could crochet practically any where!

Nick said...

I have this image of Alayne whipping out her project bag on a caving expetition and crocheting her way through the darkness.

And your hubby must be pretty darn slow on the uptake if you need to be THAT subtle to get your hints across... :-)