Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pinking Up My Life

My little Sweetpea's favorite color is pink.  I have never been much of a fan of pink.  But, she is bringing it into my life.  Solidly.  I used pink in my favorite owl bag, bought a hot pink bandanna to wear as a do-rag, and now have done this!!


Pink garden benches!!!  Two of them.  Don't they look so bright and cheery?  Don't they make you want to sit on them all the live long day and not do any work in the garden?  Don't they just make you want to make a berry smoothie?!  That's what Sweetpea calls this color - berry smoothie.  It's technically called Crushed Berries, but all her names for it have worked so far - berry smoothie, smashed strawberries, berries mushed...

I'm so glad to have finally finished this project.  I had fun doing it.  The only before picture I really have is this one.


It's not a very good picture of it.  But I think you can see how the pale peach paint was crumbling off.  So I stripped, sanded, filled in some holes, and slapped 2 coats of paint on the bottoms and 3 coats on the tops.  Viola!  Happy Pink Benches.

Bench #1 in it's ever so inviting spot.

And from the back.

And bench #2 in it's happy place.


They are in place and awaiting tired bums, baskets of seeds, cups of lemonade, and whatever else happens to come by.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Ah, so beautiful and useful! They'll make you smile everytime you see them.

inadvertent farmer said...

OK...those ROCK! Seriously those just give a little pop of fun to your garden! Great job...kim

alayne said...

Thanks! They surely do give that POP!