Friday, July 2, 2010

Fun Table Runner

Remember this material?  And this bread-taker-outer I made out of them?  Well, yesterday during Quiet Time I made this patchwork table runner:


I've been wanting something to brighten up our dining room.  And this seemed like just the thing to do the job!!  It measures about 40 inches by 15 inches.  I cut 24 - 6 inch squares and sewed them all together using a 1/2 inch seam allowance.  Then I cut a piece for the back out of the owl material (have I ever told you how much I love owls?!?!).  I sewed them together, flipped it right side out, ironed it, and sewed all around the edge for a finished look.  Very simple.  Very bright.  Very playful and cheery.


The brightness makes me smile.


The flowers are from my herb garden in our front yard.  The green feathery things in there are the tops of fennel bulbs I bought from a local organic farm.


Have a bright and cheery day today!!

No comments: