Monday, April 4, 2011

Garden Therapy

On Sunday, we worked in the garden for the first time this year.  I love the smell of fresh spring dirt.  Just one whiff of it, and aaaahhhhhhh...  That's where I want to be.  It's a wonderful tonic for the soul.  We planted peas and spinach.  Sweetpea and Boy both got in the action.  Munch has decided she no longer wants to garden.  Bummer. 

Today, there is a nice drizzle floating down feeding the seeds until they become so swollen they burst open with life. 

Since it's raining, we are getting some much needed housework accomplished.  I have designs on a spring dress for Munch, and a pair of pants for Boy.  I need to look for a pants pattern.  I've only ever made pj pants.  Boy, being 7, is beyond the elastic waistband style pants.

In an effort to remain organized through this crazy season, I've decided to try to do a weekly list of things that I'd like to get done.  I would like to be aggressive in my planning, but realistic.  (Think that's possible?)  So, here's the list for this week...

start tomato seeds
start lettuce seeds
find a pattern for Boy's pants
clean out the pantry
spring clean the kitchen

Ok.  There it is.  Just a list of some projects to be included in my normal day to day schedule.  If I can get those done, I will be happy.  But, I won't hold my breath.  :o)

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great list! That first day back is heaven, isn't it? I always seem to overdo it, plan too much to do, and try to fit in more than I can. Then I'm utterly disappointed when it's dinner time and the sun starts to set.