Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Owl PJ Pants


I decided that I should finally make myself the owl pj pants since I've had the material and plans since well before Thanksgiving.  Today. 

I used Simplicity pattern #2328 and made a size larger than I thought I would wear.  It's very generously sized!  Lucky I didn't go for 2 sizes larger so I could wear long underwear underneath!  I'll have plenty of room for long johns in these.  I love them.  I could hardly wait to finish the hems and take pics so I could put them on.


I used a 100% cotton flannel print that I picked up on sale at JoAnn's long long ago.  It's very soft and warm.


I love the little funky purple owls and the fun flower power flowers.  And backed in brown!!  What more could I ask for?


The whole thing - including cutting out the pattern pieces, ironing the pattern and material, cutting the material, and sewing it up - took me less than 2 hours.  Simple.  Satisfying.

Quiet time is over.  And I have been invaded.  I'm going to watch Planet of the Apes tonight.

Here's a sneak peak at my next sewing project...

No comments: