Friday, December 17, 2010

Some Homemade Gift Ideas

Every year, for 11 years now, I have gotten together with 2 of my sisters to make birthday calendars for our family.  We come from a large family - 7 children (I know "seven children!  seven!!"  Sounds like the Sound of Music).  There are now 11 kids in the next generation.  We have organized this to keep track everyone's birthdays.  Each year, we pick a new theme for the calendar.  One year we featured each grandkid and their favorite things (I'm really not trying to make this sound more and more Sound of Music-ish.  Really).  Another year, we highlighted each of our favorite movies.  Sometimes they involve a lot of work - like the year we did pictures out of the grandkids hand, foot, and fingerprints.  And some years it's less work - like our 10th anniversary calendar where we simply highlighted our previous calendars.

I've been pushing hard to get all the homemade gifts done by the end of this weekend.  I would really like to enjoy the week leading up to Christmas.  Relaxing, ya know.

So, I finished up the last car organizer.


They are quite fun to make, and really don't take all that much time.  And they are so handy in the car.

I finally finished up a pair of pj pants for each of my kids.  They will have to wait until after Christmas to get their tops.  I had a brain malfunction while buying cotton flannel, and didn't buy enough.  When I went back, there was none left.  So, now I'll have to be creative...


Tonight, I'm going to try to finish up Munch's scarf while me and Boy watch Cars.

All in all, I think things are coming along fairly well. 

How are your holiday preparations coming along?

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Oh! I made lounge pants for my kids too! Boy must be into space...all his fabrics are rockets and such. Hope you'll be able to enjoy this week at a leisurely pace!