Monday, September 19, 2011

For My Sister...

This post is for my sister... who faithfully checks my blog to see what I've been up to... who is always there for me whenever I need her... who knows just when my day has turned sour and comes through with a pick me up email...

What have we been up to?  It's been quite busy here.  We got ourselves a rescued hive of bees for our new farm, where the walls that came a crumblin' down are being built back up.  Our garden has done amazingly well this year despite the lack of care it generally gets.  I'm up to my ears in tomatoes, apples, peppers (sweet and hot), and zucchini.  I've got apples drying in the dehydrator, and apples being sliced for a tasty delight.  I've got tomatoes cut up and ready for the puree machine hopefully tonight.  I've been purging ourselves of unneeded or unwanted items in this house to make the move as easy as possible (did I just say easy?!?!?!).  And homeschooling and dance classes have begun in earnest around here.

The spirit of fall is already here.  We are all doing our best to keep up with the winter preparations.  There are a bunch of things that need to get done in the new house before cold weather hits.  Not to mention a ton of things here to make sure we are comfy and well fed this winter.

I'm doing my best to tackle what I can and not let the rest bog me down.  Trying to remember to take time out of the busy day to enjoy myself and spend time with those I love.

Wishing you all a lovely Monday evening!  It's chilly and raining here.  Fall weather to be sure.  My favorite season of the year.

And, sister, thanks for being such a wonderful person!

1 comment:

Zonnah said...

Have things started to calm down yet? If not I hope they do soon for you!